Morning Routine (weekly): Starter must be fed every 3 to 7 days as follows
• Remove from the fridge & add:
• ¾ Cup Sugar
• 3 Tblsp instant Potato flakes
• 1 Cup Water
Mix well & let stand out of fridge all day. Then remove 1 cup to use in making bread and return the rest to the fridge as your starter. Keep covered & repeat the above “morning routine” every 3 to 7 days. *If you are not making bread that week after the feeding throw away 1 cup and place the remaining starter back in the fridge.
Place 1 cup of starter in a large bowl and add:
• ½ Cup oil
• 1 teasp Salt
• 1 ½ Cups of warm Water (not hot)
• 6 Cups of bread flour
Make into a stiff batter. Place dough in a large greased bowl, cover lightly with a dish towel and leave on a cooling rack (not in a drafty area) overnight to rise.
• Punch down dough with fist & pour out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 2 equal parts.
• Knead and roll out
• Add desired filling-Cinnamon, nuts, raisins, sugar, brown sugar.....
Roll up like a jelly roll and slice
Place slices in a pan (coat bottom of pan with bruuter and brown sugar 1st)
• Let stand 6 to 12 hours for it’s 2nd rise before baking.
• Bake of bottom racks @ 350 degrees for 30 – 35 minutes.
• Cool on cooling racks in the pans for 10 minutes then pour bread out onto the cooling racks.