Apple Cinnamon Steel-Cut Oatmeal
In the Crock-pot
· 4 apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
· 3 cups Vanilla Silk milk (or regular milk)
· 3 cups water (or can mix ½ apple juice)
· 2 cups uncooked steel-cut oats
· 4 tablespoons brown sugar
· 3-4 tablespoons butter (optional)
· 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon or apple pie spice
Coat inside of 3-1/2 quart (or larger) slow cooker with cooking spray.
Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
Stir, cover and cook on low for approx. 5 hours (slow cooker times can vary).
Store leftovers in refrigerator. YUM!
I've modified this recipe, the original can be found here www.TheYummyLife.com/recipes/105